2048 Game

Join the numbers and get to the 2048 tile!

0
0

How to play: Use your arrow keys to move the tiles. When two tiles with the same number touch, they merge into one!


2048 is played on a 4├Ś4 gray board. There are several boxes with different colors that shift when you presses the four directional keys on the keyboard (desktop) or swap (mobile phone device).

Some Details About Actual '2048 Game' and its Variants

2048 is an online video game created in March 2014 by 19 year old Italian web developer Gabriele Cirulli. Player are required to incorporate a specific numbered squares to form the final results 2048. This game can be considered guesses sliding box (sliding block puzzles). Cirulli made this game in just one weekend to test whether he could program a game from scratch. He was surprised to learn that his game had 4 million views in less than a week, because his 2048 was planned as a side project. Cirulli admitted the project "was his way of passing time". The game was free. He released his free app for iOS and Android in May 2014.

Game rules

  • In each round, a numbered tile "2" (with a probability of 90%) or "4" (with a probability of 10%) appears
  • By pressing the arrow (or swap), the player can slide all the tiles of the playing field in one of 4 directions. If, when dropped, two tiles of the same numbers merged into one another, then they turn into one, the number of which is equal to the sum of the connected tiles. After each move on a free section of the field, a new tile with a face value of "2" or "4" appears. If, when the button is pressed, the location of the tiles or their number does not change, then the move is not made.
  • If there are more than two tiles of the same number in one line or in one column, then when dropped, they begin to connect from the side to which they were directed. For example, tiles (4, 4, 4) in the same line will turn into (8, 4) after the left move, and into (4, 8) after the right move. This processing of ambiguity allows you to more accurately form the strategy of the game.
  • For each connection, game points are increased by the face value of the resulting tile.
  • The game ends in defeat if after the next move it is impossible to perform an action.